Monday, April 12, 2010

PCTR's co-founder Wendell Doman leaves to focus on CTR


I seem always to be the LAST to know about anything, whether it be about work, running or what's happening in my house.  Since I happened to click onto the PCTR message board just now, I thought I'd copy and post this news and his comment while it's still fresh.  I guess this ends the confusing quasi-relationship between PCTR and CTR and also evidenced by recent changes in the PCTR website and calendar.

Wendell leaves PCTR to focus on Coastal Trail Runs
Well, after 10 years of organizing PCTR events, I'm moving on to focus on Coastal Trail Runs. A HUGE thanks to all the wonderful runners who've made PCTR so special and totally worth the effort it takes to put on these events. I wish Sarah and crew continued success and sellouts.

I'm sure I'll see many of you on the trails in the near future.

Wendell


Good luck, Wendell!

I would have wanted to write about my earliest PCTR races when I moved back to the Bay Area seven years ago, but I really need to get ready to run 2-3 hours to work.

Will be running roads and not trails, in crappy traffic, but will nonetheless promise to have "Serious Fun Out There."

links:
Pacific Coast Trail Runs
Coastal Trail Runs

4 comments:

Steve Ansell said...

Dude, you are so out of it! Why I learned of this like two whole days ago ;-)

Gundy said...

Hey, I don't see the post anywhere. Was it an actual thread?

Golden Trails Dave said...

@Gundy - It was. Apparently it has been removed.

rustyboy said...

Aw, man. Always enjoyed having him hand me a coaster at the finish of a 50k!