- Hadn't done it in a while-- with all the 100 mile races this summer and my work schedule.
- Had worked 18 hours from home the day before. Couldn't find anyone to cover the last few hours from hell.
- Spun on my bike 4 hours yesterday while working. Better than sitting on my butt the whole time, but not always fun. Running outdoors is SO much more enjoyable.
- Was able to nap an hour this morning.
- Remembered to bring the tunes.
- I thought I'd woken up from a morning nap too late to do hit the ridge with great views of the Bay Area. But I had hammered the first 90 minutes so realized I had time.
- Someone had cut back the poison oak in the section rife with it.
- Was able to go around the cows (including calves) blocking the trail without causing a stampede
- It was a gorgeous day.
- Knew I would make it on time to shower without having to rush.
- One more shift and then tomorrow (technically today) camping with work friends at Big Sur. First camping trip of the year. I'm so psyched. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Friday, September 17, 2010
Today's Commute to Work
Ran to work today, 21.5 miles mix of hilly trails and some flat road, 3 hours 33 minutes with the water stops. I always enjoy doing this, but today (technically yesterday) I found it exceptionally enjoyable, pure bliss. Several reasons: