Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Insomnia

We went to the Air Force Museum in Dayton.  Interesting for my wife and me,  a little too advanced for my kids to appreciate.  I let my dad drive back, and fell asleep during the afternoon ride back, missing the drop-off en route so I could run home along the Little Miami River trail.  I mentioned this regret to my wife, who told me I should just run so she wouldn't have to hear me whine later, but I felt I should be a good daddy and take my kids to a nearby playground, which I did until the sky was almost dark and past their grandparents' usual dinnertime.

The missed workout, along with having slept in this (technically now yesterday) morning and consuming too much dark chocolate for dessert (the fruit tart pulled out of the freezer needs a full day to thaw) set me up for trouble sleeping.  On top of that lots of stuff my brain keeps trying to process.  In addition to just finishing a fun weekend of high school reunion festivities, I have all this stuff in my bedroom from my past lives.  Made the mistake of flipping through albums and boxes of photos.  (Among many questions-- what do I do with all these photos of ex-girlfriends, anyways?)  Those of you reading this who think I'm this simple Forrest Gumpian guy who just loves to keep running-- my apologies!

So now I'm paying.  And I don't have any Ambien on me.  It's either midnight + 1/2 or 3:30 in the morning depending on which time zone you pick.  Maybe I'll go and start running now.  Running at 3:30 a.m. isn't just a Calfornia thing, right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's never too early in the am to run. Just steer clear of the wildlife.
You are one nutty guy. Love the blog. Always a good read.

Mark Tanaka (Ultrailnakaman) said...

Thanks Anonymous! (Are you a unique Anonymous, or the same person as all the other Anonymice?)

I wussied, out, finally went to bed and slept in, and didn't run at all that day. To make up for this, I ran 22.5 miles the next day, probably not a smart way to taper for a 50 miler in 4 days, but this whole sport is irrational anyways.

Mark Tanaka (Ultrailnakaman) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.